Injury Case Results
In the course of my practice and experience on both sides of injury cases, I’ve investigated, evaluated, litigated, tried to a jury and settled hundreds of cases, a few of which are summarized below.
TRUCK CRASHES and WRONGFUL DEATH | WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS | PERSONAL INJURY and CAR ACCIDENTS
1. A tractor-trailer struck and killed a 29-year old man in Illinois. On behalf of the insurance carrier, I investigated and evaluated the case, calculated damages and worked with a team of experts (economist and accident reconstructionist) and negotiated during mediation. The case was eventually resolved after mediation for over $10 million dollars.
2. A tractor trailer backing into a driveway struck a motorcyclist, causing a significant brain injury and body part amputation. I worked on behalf of the insurance carrier to investigate the crash, determine fault and calculate damages. Our team included an accident reconstructionist, a visibility expert and an economist. We were able to resolve the case at mediation.
3. I worked on behalf of an injured client who was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer at relatively low speed. The client sustained lost wages and medical bills. The case settled at mediation in Federal Court for 5 times our client’s medical bills.
I have investigated, negotiated and tried hundreds of Missouri Workers’ Compensation claims and cases involving injuries including:
- Back and neck injuries and surgeries;
- Carpal tunnel and other repetitive trauma injuries;
- Shoulder injuries, including rotator cuff tears, labral tears;
- Head injuries, concussions and and psychological injuries;
- Leg, ankle and foot injuries;
- Both permanent partial and permanent total disability cases.
Cases are most often resolved before trial but sometimes require an attorney willing to move past a lowball settlement offer and try the case with a Missouri Administrative Law Judge. Specific case examples:
- Favorably tried a case to St. Louis Administrative Law Judge for a client who suffered a debilitating low back injury (cauda equina) after falling down at work.
- Negotiated a significant settlement for a client injured when powdered chemicals became airborne and caused eye injury.
- Obtained favorable testimony from a treating physician to link a client’s low back disc injury to his work activity, not from a pre-existing condition as contended by his insurance carrier.
- Negotiated hundreds of Compromise Settlements for clients in Missouri workers’ compensation cases.
- Six-figure settlement for an employee of an electrical company who was injured when he was given faulty diagrams which led to severe injury.
- 10x Medical Bills settlement on behalf of a client who was hit by a drunk driver.
- Six-figure policy limits settlement for a child hit by a car.
- Six figure settlement for family whose brother died as a result of medical negligence.
- Six figure settlement for nursing home negligence.
- Six figure settlement for boating injury.
- Significant settlement for client injured by unregistered dump truck.